Monday, October 16, 2006

The Opera.

Truth be told, I had never been to a live performance of an Opera until last night. This is rather suprising as I think about it, given my passion for classical music and the passion for music and theatre of my friends and my family. La Serva e L'Ussero was a comic operetta which kept me entertained for a full hour and a half--even if I had not been entertained, I would have been exercising my complete knowledge of romance languages through the duration, listening in italian while reading in Portuguese. Whew!

I can't even contain my excitement for the Magic Flute--either this wknd or the next. If you aren't already aware, Mozart is one of my musical idols---

Below you see depicted, from left to right, my housemate Ehidee, (me) and Ehidee's sister, Adriana. In front of some very large spool-like fixtures made of wood that were part of an art exhibition in the Palacio das Artes in Belo Horizonte. I think the guard thought I was insane, wanting to have my picture taken with two women in front of a large spool----


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your former professional opera singer grandmother will be proud of you! I'll be interested to hear how they stage The Magic Flute - so do report back to your eager readers.