Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grandmother knew best...

Dear Grandma Bowman,
As one of the most devout readers of my blog that I am aware of, I wanted you to know that after the events of the last week, I have carefully re-thought my Christmas list for the upcoming year. This year, it may more closely resemble yours. While tunafish migh seem like an unusual item to put on a Christmas list to most, I will have you know that your wisdom when I asked, "Grandma, why would you put tunafish on your Christmas list?" will not soon be forgotten. To refresh your memory, you answered me so wisely: "welllllll, it is inexpensive, it's healthy and it tastes good, and you can always store it in your pantry! " I would now add to this list, dear Grandma, that you never know when your fridge might break down and you might be without one indefinitely! Please know that today, I thought of you as I walked to the grocery store and bought three cans of tunafish. If I had but had your foresight in the matter! I bet tunafish would even have made it through customs without the raising of an eyebrow. The picture below should bring back some fond memories of our time together during Christmas of 2006.
Love,
Your granddaughter, Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
The pictures show the exact response I was hoping to get, by initiating the "tuna shower"! (Mom cracking up and losing it, like she used to when we were younger.) I'm so glad all the grandchildren got to experience that. One of my children said, "I never saw Grandmommy laugh like that!!" My motto: "Laughter is good medicine!"
(I love reading your blogs.)
Love,
Aunt Joyce

Wild Aurora Moldovanyi said...

very sweet story...