Friday, March 09, 2007

You'd think there were warm and fuzzy feelings all around...

If it weren't for the crowds of protestors and the import tax on Brazilian ethanol that seems to be excluded from consideration in cooperation agreements. Seems that the only thing he promised was to continue funneling research funding to alternative energy. Gee, how fortuitous for Brazil. More research money directed towards how to make ethanol more efficiently from....corn. Hmmmm. Way to combat global warming with global cooperation...by keeping prices high on alternative energy, George. Ok. For all my sarcasm, I do value the predicament of the Amer'can farmer, and am certainly concerned about deforestation in Brazil for soy, ethanol, etc. But man.

I can imagine him saying it right now, while warmly hugging Lula: "Isso não vai acontecer [reduzir a tarifa]". (It just isn't going to happen.) Sorry buddy.


1 comment:

Hope said...

Hey girl! That's really the only Ben Folds song I know (found it on a mix cd and just love it) but now I'm thinking of exploring this guy/band(?)

As for this post, I don't think I'll throw my hat in the ring, but your caption for the picture is v. funny.