Tuesday, May 08, 2007

odds and ends

A new york times article today had a close tie-in to one of my very favorite books: The Bridge of San Luis Rey. It temporarily made me think about changing professions and going into archeology. But I think I prefer real, living people.

I have been sitting in front of a computer a lot and do not have too many interesting tidbits to report from my own life, though, I am going to Rio de Janeiro this weekend before coming home next week, and I am going to HANG-GLIDE! Which has been a dream of mine for a very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent you an email, but that was before I came here and saw HANG-GLIDING! That's awesome. I hope you have a great trip as a fun close to your time in Brazil. Can't wait to see the pictures...

Clay Feet said...

Please have someone take some great pix while you do the action. I have wanted to hang-glide all of my life and would do it on a moment's notice if given the opportunity. So I am very jea - er, glad for you and wish you the rush of a lifetime.