Monday, June 11, 2007

Other things I did while in the US of A

(Please let me know if you want pictures that might be yours, removed--Jer, Kerry)


Went sailing...for the first time. Ever.

With Phil,




Jer, and Betsy.


Visited with some of my favorite people by the fireside (Sorry, Matt and Christina...we didn't take any pictures by fireside gathering number two!)


Bathed in hot spring water...that had been pumped into a hot tub. In Hot Springs, NC. They really could have been lying (about the fact that it came from a hot spring) and we would have never known.


Frolicked with Aurora's new family member, Buksi. And got some tiny dog lovin'

Diego also enjoyed frolicking with Buksi



Had lunch dates with my mother.

Bought a pair of sunglassess that cost more than 10 dollars for the first time in my life.

Hiked, and climbed a fire tower.


Moved many of my possessions into a storage unit (sorry, no picture...)

Made a trip to the Mozambique embassy, and managed to get a visa back in the mail before I left the country again (always a feat).

Watched two couples make big promises (my brother and me, at my cousin Rachel's wedding, below)


Drank lots of good coffee and ate lots of fine fare

Avoided getting a speeding ticket/ticket for my inspection and/or county sticker being expired
or my muffler being entirely rusted through

Changed my travel plans, at least twice.

Ate lunch with Rebekah Helsel Carswell, and got to touch her tummy(or, rather, unborn child). I should have taken a picture, because I had my camera in my purse.

Visited with Will Flatley and Katie Garst in Blacksburg, VA. made Campbell, the adorable baby girl, laugh.

Caught up with Greg Amacher over a survey instrument. Laughed at intervals through the whole meeting, as always.

Made a Lowe's run with my brother in the Ford that would not start. Pop started it and jumped it at least once, each. We left it running while stopping by the outfitters to avoid having to jump it a second time. Threatened to steal large amounts of outdoor gear and shovel them into our running vehicle. Made the employees laugh, nervously.

Worked with Jer and his family on his house!

Powerwashed. Yeah, baby.



Laughed, cried, and did silly things with my family (also note the motorcycle ride, from the posting below, which was another first!)


No comments: