Sunday, September 02, 2007

Movin'

They've been a busy few weeks. First, a quick stop in Dingman's Ferry, PA for a visit with the Bittinger Clan (and a celebration of both Mom and Antonio's birthdays!) before even unpacking my bags:



Knoxville, TN for a visit with Aurora--tears and laughs inspired by yet another Patty Griffin show together. Unbelievable.

--and a stop on the way back in Roanoke to hug Rebekah Carswell (now a proud mother--next time hopefully I will get to see Paul and Naomi, and take some pictures!).

A move to Falmouth, MA:




And a few days in Lancaster and Landisburg, PA with Jeremy and the rest of the Good family.


Now, I find myself in....a hotel in South Africa. Other lovely moments of the last few weeks include...

Trying hard to make baby Holly smile, and watching my cousins and family members make fools of themselves on a unicycle.

Meandering sunset motorcycle rides in the Dayton countryside with my sweetie...on the way to dinner.

Sweet corn.

Me and Jared (my housemate, not my brother) helping the moving guys move my stuff down the street because the moving truck couldn't get close enough.

Finding new woods to explore on Cape Cod

Dinners and conversations shared with new colleagues

Time with the brothers, the dogs, and the Family. Bonding over South Park, wine, and coffee.

Bubbles, Bocce, time in the woods and by the lake, marvelous movies, fabulous food, and fine company at the Kick Back Shack with the Good family...sleeping late, watching the full moon come up, and eating outside.


What does the next month hold?

Mozambique. Household surveys. Hopefully me gathering the nerve to take more Mozambique pictures.

Probably a lack of blog postings, due to the craziness that will be our field campaign, and a decrease in internet access.

Should be fun...and challenging. Send your hugs, your strength, and your resiliency vibes. I might need them.

Much love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOADS of hugs and resiliency right at ya, babe. miss you! come visit me!

love,
katie