Saturday, November 17, 2007

I have been debating discontinuing my weblog. But, since I have not come to any conclusive decisions about this, I will keep trying to add little updates about what is going on in my life.

In brief, this week I visited the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. It is a fantastic department with a lot of exciting work going on. Being that it is my first program visit of the year, I have nothing to compare it to. But, I was pleased. I also enjoyed visiting with a friend from college, Jeremy Weber, who is working on a Ph.D. in the department, as well as my friend Pilar Jano who completed her Master's degree in the AAEC department at VT.



Later in the week, I spent a great deal of time working through a set of notes on a conference on Advancing Conservation in a Social Context that took place at WHRC the week before, for which I served as the reporteur (that's right, the note taker). I am still working on this. We are also working hard on finishing up the report for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD...here's an interesting article) for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and other things that are related to getting our stuff together for the Bali COP. But, the women (and men) that I work with still find time to have fun, as you can see below---on Thursday night we put on our Fancy Shoes and went out for Martinis in Falmouth.

4 comments:

Greg said...

I hope you continue with the blog. I really enjoy reading about you and your crusade to better the world. My work involves 5000 acres of the same real estate, it is so much more interesting to read of your worldy travels. Please continue!

Boof said...

Please, do not discontinue your blog. I need to keep feeding my mind.

Clay Feet said...

I join the others in encouraging you to hang in here. I know you are transitioning in your life and maybe it feels much less interesting to report about. But many people enjoy hearing about the common things and especially about the inner feelings and experiences that average people go through in life. You have done very well on your blog in making people feel connected to your life. I hope you stay with it.

Konnarock Crew said...

Your blog is the only reason I get up in the morning!! Well, not really but I like reading it........and I'd rather do that than work.