Monday, April 21, 2008

A few of the things I like about spring:

Taking my shoes off, even when it's still too cold to do so

Driving with my windows down (at the moment, this is a mixed blessing--I must remember not to put my right passenger's side window down, lest it get stuck there). Opening the windows at work so I can hear the birds

Lying on my back on the ground with my eyes shut

Trying to grow things, sometimes unsuccessfully.

Thunderstorms, and windchimes.

Wait, did I say chirping birds?

Color. GREEN. Yellow.

Longer days mean I rarely have one where I can't find a moment to be outside.

the anticipation of farmers' markets.

Baring skin and having to dig out the sunscreen. The smell evokes memories of familiar sunny places---the beach, Brazil, Mozambique, the New River, canoe trips.

No comments: