Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bom dia de Manaus.

I felt a little silly but also ´com sorte´that the movie of choice for the TAM airlines flight to Manaus was, that´s right, Nacho Libre (see previous post). So, after paying an exorbitant amount to have it channeled directly to my hotel room the previous night and sleeping blissfully through it, I was awarded a second chance. Hilariously funny---though I´m slightly regretful that I have not yet seen ´snakes on a plane´which I promised my brother I would screen before leaving the states. Sorry Jordan, please forgive me for failing you as a sister.

The Brazilian/American/(affect of New Jersian) -- (sorry, Aurora) woman in front of me chattered incessantly to her French Canadian row companion throughout the flight. He dealt with the ´why do you have an accent? is english not your first language?´quite graciously. I suppose even multicultural people can make a faux pas ;)

My two AM contemplations from the internet cafe mainly consist of how one goes about checking oneself into a hotel room for a block of time in the daytime. I do/will appreciate a bed and a shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snakes on a Plane is officially my third favorite movie after Rocky I and II. You've hereby been disowned until I receive notice that you have patronized a theatre and become priviledged to its greatness

Maria Susannah Bowman said...

just so long as you continue reading my blog, for I may have limited access to 'snakes on a plane' for the next couple of weeks...am I further diminishing myself to tell you, dear brother, that I have not ever seen any of the Rocky movies? How could we even possibly be related?