Sunday, October 08, 2006

a new one.

So, the task for this week is to find a place to live. Anyone who has ever tried to do this in a foreign country before should share insights. I think my first step is to maybe take a walk around the neighborhood that I am staying in (near the university, pretty nice) with pencil and paper, and write down a few phone numbers of things that are written under 'aluga-se' (for rent). I have to say, it is a little bit scary to think about lots of phone calling and setting up appointments to view places in my 3rd language....

incidentally, I am watching some passionate kissing going on in the courtyard between a man who must be about the age of my father and a girl who is probably my age. Not to fault them--it would be a good day to stay in bed and....right.

No comments: