Monday, December 11, 2006

Carmen's Birthday.

On Saturday night, we threw Carmen (the Guatemalteca) a surprise birthday party. She is the tiny one in red next to me in the first picture.

The blur is due to someone's wet beer-glass-condensation fingerprint (probably mine) on my camera lens.

Below: The foreign women. Carmen is happy about her surprise party.


I didn't know what to buy Carmen for her birthday, and as you can see, she has three bottles of red wine and three bags from "El Boticario," the Brazilian equivalent of Bath and Body Works. As an alternative, I did the flower arrangement. What kind of woman doesn't like flowers?


My kind of party involves people that sit around and sing. YES. Unfortunately, the songs that everyone sits around and sings in Brazil are not the same ones we do at similar parties in the states. Fortunately for me, someone handed me a tambourine. So I could at least feel like I was contributing something......

No comments: