Saturday, January 06, 2007

Boston, MA en route to Woods Hole: a visit with Aldo and Emily

I started the day with a voucher for a free airline ticket, and the realization an hour later that I had left a half gallon of milk in my car the evening before while returning from Kelly's wedding reception with Jer. This not only means that I will have a half gallon of milk sitting in my car for the next week while I am in Massachusetts, but that my promise to Cameron and to the rest of my family that they would have milk for coffee and cereal when they woke up this morning was left rather unfulfilled. My dad said to me "didn't you write it on your hand? I couldn't figure how you would have forgotten." My response: "well, dad, you're right." "I didn't forget--it's in my car." Silence. He groans.

Once I arrived in Boston we ate some awesome Indian food, and wandered Harvard square. This is Aldo (emily's boyfriend) buying shoes in the shoestore that is his namesake.


The picture below does not do justice to the moon--but it is one of Emily and me in Boston while waiting for a table to eat some seafood.



Em and Aldo--their last couple of days together before Aldo returns to Mexico.


Call it patriotism...or experimenting with my camera.



mmm.....lobster bisque and raspberry margaritas make me happy even when I am beat.
And the company, well, it doesn't get much better.

No comments: